Summary of security stuff for 2.12.1

dequis dx at dxzone.com.ar
Mon Mar 5 02:55:20 EST 2018

Bumping this one.

There are PRs open in the security repo for bugs 1, 3, 5, 6, 7

1 https://bitbucket.org/pidgin/security/pull-requests/20
3 https://bitbucket.org/pidgin/security/pull-requests/21
5 https://bitbucket.org/pidgin/security/pull-requests/22
6 https://bitbucket.org/pidgin/security/pull-requests/23
7 https://bitbucket.org/pidgin/security/pull-requests/24

Bug 2 didn't go through the security repo and was merged already

Bug 4 seems pretty damn tricky (refcounting, implied borrows and weird
lifetimes, all the stuff where C sucks) and not even worth considering
a vulnerability since you have to press cancel to get a use after free
of something freed a few instructions ago (so, unlikely to find that
its memory is corrupted already). It's still a bug. Some day someone
should do something about it.

Most issues are simple one line fixes. I tested that they fix what
they intend to fix.

Let's just get this stupid release out of the way asap.