TLS 1.2 Cipher Suites

Erik Tults e.tults at bigpond.com
Thu Oct 28 20:36:54 EDT 2021

Hi,

Sorry to interrupt your busy schedule, but I have a few questions about
the level of cryptography supported by the Pidgin Client.

Is there any reason that the Linux version supports higher security
cipher suites than the window version, and is there a timeline on if/
when the supported suites will be added into windows version of Pidgin?

For example:

TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 is supported on Linux Pidgin,
and not Windows Pidgin

As far as I can tell, this stems from the Mozilla Network Security
Services (NSS version 3.24) not being updated since 2016, but I could be
mistaken. The current stable version is 3.66 (Released May 2021). I am
happy to help with updating NSS for the Windows version if you need any
assistance, and please feel free to reach out to me if you have any
questions.

Thanks,
Erik Tults