pidgin-2.2.2 pixmaps fail to load

Jeff Ivany jeff+pidgin at ivany.org
Tue Nov 13 17:07:59 EST 2007

On 11/13/07, Stu Tomlinson <stu at nosnilmot.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 16:36 -0500, Jeff Ivany wrote:
> > ./configure --prefix=$HOME/local
> >
> > This works fine for everything else (pidgin runs fine) but no
> > icons,not status icons, etc.  I'm guessing that the dataroot dir or
> > datadir are not getting read properly as they should be pulling the
> > pixmaps out of $HOME/local/share.  All of the pixmaps are present in
> > the directories as expected.
>
> Did you do 'make install' in the top level of the source directory?
>
> Are you definitely running the pidgin from $HOME/local/bin/pidgin and
> not one from within the source directory or elsewhere?
>
> What exactly do you see under $HOME/local/share ?
>
> Regards,
>

> Stu.

Yes, did a make install and definitely running pidgin out of $HOME/local/bin
(don't have pidgin anywhere else on my machine, just a really, really old
version of gaim).

ls ~/local/share/pixmaps/pidgin
animations      arrow-left.xpm   arrow-up.xpm  dialogs  emotes    protocols
toolbar
arrow-down.xpm  arrow-right.xpm  buttons       emblems  logo.png  status
tray

I seem to have all of the appropriate images in the right places, they just
don't seem to get loaded.  Also check all my permissions and everything
seems kosher.

Thanks!

Jeff

--