Pidgin not resetting status

Brandon Metcalf bmetcalf at nortel.com
Wed Nov 14 16:57:21 EST 2007

s == stu at nosnilmot.com writes:

 s> On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 12:43 -0600, Brandon Metcalf wrote:
 s> > I'm using Pidgin 2.2.2 on a Debian box and when I go idle the status
 s> > is changed to "Away" as it should be.  However, when I return and
 s> > interact with the keyboard or mouse the status is not reset to
 s> > "Available".  I found a defect filed against this, but didn't find a
 s> > solution.

 s> Are you reporting idle based on "last sent message" or "keyboard and
 s> mouse usage"?

It turns out that the version I was using wasn't compiled with the
XScreenSaver extension.  I recompiled and now it works.

 s> > Is this fixed in 2.2.2 or any workaround?

 s> Luke mentioned how absurd this question is :)

Given that it is fixed in 2.2.2 and I was doing something wrong, I
don't think the question is absurd at all.

--
Brandon