tech support

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon Nov 19 03:33:56 EST 2007

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 11:14:56 -0500, Joe Conway wrote
> I just installed Pidgin 2.2.2 on a Windows XP machine. I want to use
> it for my AIM account. The only way I can get any of my buddies to
> show up on my buddy list, in Pidgin, is to have AIM open first. If
> AIM is closed, the Pidgin buddy list comes up empty and I can't do
> anything. This defeats the purpose of having Pidgin because I have
> to have AIM and Pidgin installed, when I only want to use Pidgin.

Hmm, that's not supposed to happen.  I've never heard of that before.  If it's
still happening you might want to file a new ticket at
http://developer.pidgin.im/newticket and include the output from Pidgin's
Debug Window from when you sign on.  The Debug Window can be opened using the
Help menu after you're logged in (you might need to log in, open the Debug
Window, log out, clear the Debug Window, then log in again).

-Mark