Text-Encoding in XMPP-Account

Stefan Offermann offermann at uni-muenster.de
Fri Nov 23 03:57:59 EST 2007

Hi,

is there an option to change the text-encoding of an XMPP-account?

My Buddy and I both run pidgin on Windows, using irc-over-xmpp to get
into an IRC-Channel. While my Umlauts (ä, ö, ü) are correctly displayed
in the chat-window, the umlauts on his machine are "corrupted" chars,
his umlauts on my screen are not shown at all.

Is this a problem with the text encoding in xmpp, in irc or is it a
problem of the ejabberd-server providing irc-over-xmpp?

I hope someone can help with this weird problem.

Best regards,
Stefan Offermann
--
Stefan Offermann
Institute for Geoinformatics (IfGI), University of Muenster, Germany