Buddy Combination

Kevin Stange kstange at pidgin.im
Sun Nov 25 22:27:16 EST 2007

Victor Tardiff wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I looked through the FAQ and couldn't find any way to do this. And if
> there's not a method for doing it, perhaps you would consider it for
> the next release of Pidgin. I have a few friends who can be reached on
> multiple im clients. I have two Beccas, Joes, and Dans on my buddy
> list, and three Meagans who are the same people, just on different
> clients. I was wondering if there was any way to combine them under
> one name what would appear online if any client is active. If there is
> a way to do this, I would greatly appreciate it if you emailed me back
> describing the process. If there isn't a way of doing this, would you
> consider having it as an option for a future release?

This is in the FAQ, but it's hard to figure out the proper words to make
it easy to find, as there have been many different terms used for the
feature and in Pidgin, it has no name.  Please see:

http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#CanIgroupbuddiesbytheirownerlikeTrilliansorMirandasMetacontacts

Kevin