Key shortcut available for the Expand functionality?

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Fri Oct 5 23:29:29 EDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 09:31:40PM +0200, Ravefiend . wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've taken my first steps on using Pidgin as my main IM client, combining
> both AIM and another XMPP client. Up till now I have not discovered any
> annoying problems what so ever yet there's one thing I haven't been able to
> find out myself. As said, combining AIM and XMPP I'm having buddies listed
> on both IM systems so I make use of the Expand functionality in Pidgin which
> is available by a single right mouse click, near the bottom of the drop down
> menu. I've been searching for a way to Expand a buddy by e.g. the middle
> mouse button or a key stroke (combination?) but it doesn't seem to be
> possible at all. My question is: does Pidgin have an easier way to Expand a
> specific buddy?
>
> Kind regards,
> Pieter aka Ravefiend

The general idea is that once you have combined two or more buddies into
a contact, you will not need to expand the contact from that point on.
For the purposes of simply creating a contact, dragging and hovering
over another buddy for a short time will expand it long enough to drop
the dragged buddy into it.

Pidgin will select the most available buddy, picking the higher one if
there is a tie.

luke