SSL complies from slackware

david l martin David.L.Martin-1 at nasa.gov
Tue Oct 16 11:12:35 EDT 2007

I have been trying to compile the SSL functions into pidgin on Slackware
and Centos machines.  I have the /usr/local/firefox /etc/ld.conf and I
also have the ssl support stuff in the /usr/local/lib/purple-2
directory.  I can't find any nss or ssl includes for the configure line
and I am just getting confused about how to make it see it.  Could
someone help with what I need to do and what options to put on the
configure line to make this work?  Also will using ssl be a option I can
turn of and on for every Im client?  Thank  you in advance..
--
David Martin
Unix Systems Admin

A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher
sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all.
He's walking on them. - Leonard Louis Levinson

"You say that you have a great respect for truth. Is that why you always
place yourself at such a respectful distance from it?" - EscrivaY