Window Doesn't Pop Open When I'm Messaged

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Tue Oct 16 13:27:51 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 10:52:03AM -0600, Steven Backus wrote:
> > Is http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/2145 what you are talking about?
> >
> > And apparently I missed that charkins supplied a patch to add the option I
> > was talking about, which is good, though ugly and confusing. I'm still not
> > sure what the right answer here is.
>
> In gaim, you didn't have to use a plugin to get the window to pop
> open when someone messaged you.  So, I tried the Message
> Notification Plugin, but that doesn't work either. :)
>
> Steve

Correct, the option was moved from in gaim to being in the plugin. But
that wasn't what I asked, does that ticket sound like what you are talking
about? Is that your issue? I think it is and thus answers your question
(though obviously not in the way you wanted it to be answered). If a patch
like the one charkins supplied there is applied you will want to use that
option instead of the current 'Raise' option.

Alternatively, you could just stop minimizing your conversations as the
plugin should cause them to be raised above existing windows if they are
open.

	-Etan