sort user accounts

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Wed Oct 17 14:53:00 EDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 08:38:18PM +0200, davide wrote:
> On 17/10/2007 20:04, * Luke Schierer wrote:
>
> > With this search pattern, you should be able to drag the buddies in that
> > contact into an order that will yeild reasonable results for that
> > contact most of the time.
>
> ok, thanks for the explanation.
> I would prefere to choose a "default" protocol overriding the
> "algorithm" you told me. Is there a way to do it?
>
> thanks in advance, davide

In the source tarball is a plugin called contact_priority, which does
not install by default.  Compile this for your version of pidgin, and
load it.  Go into its preferences, and it will let you manipulate the
math by which buddies are prioritized.  Specifically, you can give a
specific account a very high weight, effectively nullifying the
significance of awayness or idle time.

luke