New user and MSN question...

David BERCOT david.bercot at wanadoo.fr
Wed Oct 24 09:26:36 EDT 2007

Hi,

My OS is Debian and I try Pidgin only for 2 days...
It seems to be a great software with a great GUI ;-)

I just have a question about the MSN protocol...
With XMPP, it seems to show, in the main window, more than only the
nickname (a commentary for instance).
With MSN, I can't do this... I can only see the nickname.
I've read the FAQ and found information about "useless" ;-) information
like the song actually played, but there is a plugin called "music
tracker". So, I don't know if it is possible...

To be honest, I used aMSN before (but I have proxy problems with it)
and the only 2 features I miss in Pidgin is the webcam (maybe a
day ;-))) and the commentary with the nickname...

Thank you very much.

David.