Default font, Plugins, and IM history.

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Sun Oct 28 12:01:35 EDT 2007

On Sat, Oct 27, 2007 at 05:38:01PM -0700, The_Newb_Avenger wrote:

> Is there any way to have a certain font face and color for my default font?

Tools->Preferences->Conversations->Default Formatting assuming you mean
you want a default font face and color for your outgoing messages and not
for the pidgin interface. If you do mean for the pidgin interface then you
need to change that via your GTK+ theme.

> (Sorry for all bold...)
> How in the heck do you disable/not use a Plugin!? 'Cause it seems like
> whenever I use one, I can't uncheck the box. Also, sometimes, when I click
> on some Plugins, and click on another, sometimes, the other Plugin gets
> disabled!

Unchecking the Enabled checkbox should disable a plugin, if that is not
working then either your GTK+ theme is failing to draw the checkbox
correctly (there were bug reports for a while about some broken GTK+
themes that always drew the currently highlighted line with the checkbox
filled in regardless of what the current value of the enabled setting is).
If you are sure your GTK+ theme is working and you still seem to be having
difficulties unchecking entries you can watch the Debug Window for changes
when you click the Enabled buttons and see whether pidgin thinks things
are actually changing.

> Is there a setting for Pidgin that when I close an IM tab/window I can still
> keep the IM's I had before? (Basically, a setting so that when I close an IM
> tab/window, it still keeps the conversation even though I pressed the close
> button.) Or is it already in Pidgin - I noticed the History Plugin; is this
> what it does?

If you have logging turned on pidgin will log all of your messages such
that you can retrieve them whenever you want to. The History plugin is
responsible for pulling up the most recent conversation when you start a
new conversation, so as to give you any context you might need.

> Thank you, all, very much in advance.

	-Etan