Chat Logs [GishPuppy]

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Sun Oct 28 15:49:30 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 07:33 -0500, gmane.p6m at gishpuppy.com wrote:
> Pidgin creates a new log file whenever the chat window/tab is closed
> and later re-opened. I frequently close chat windows - even in the
> midst of conversations - to keep my desktop clutter-free.

It sounds like you need a better window manager or something. ;)

That said, a future* version of Pidgin will include the conversation
persistence changes of recently, which will hold open a conversation
even when the window is closed. This way, the log will not be closed, so
you won't end up with lots of files.

* Normally, I'd say "the next release", but I'm not sure exactly when
it's going to make it into a release. It will make it into a release for
sure, though.

Richard