bogus gtalk disconnections (libpurple issue?)

Hugh Caley hughc at aldon.com
Wed Sep 26 21:28:58 EDT 2007

I get frequent disconnect/reconnect notices when chatting with a Google
Talk User. The gtalk user is using the google client on a PC.  The gtalk
user complains that I'm the only one who talks to her that has this
problem ;)

I'm thinking this is a libpurple issue because I'm getting the same
behavior whether I'm using Pidgin 2.2.0 or Adium 1.1.2.

I don't see a Trac ticket for this issue at the moment, although there
is a (closed) ticket for it on the Adium bug tracker.  Anyone else
seeing this?

Hugh

--
Hugh Caley, Linux Administrator