All my Pidgin accounts have disappeared

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Thu Apr 24 11:55:12 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 09:06:07AM -0700, Barbara Kroczak wrote:
> The local aliases I set up for my buddies also seem to have disappeared
> - not sure why.
> But I can live with that...

Then it sounds like your blist.xml file might also have gotten corrupted.

> Could you tell me where they're stored so I can back those up too?

Everything about pidgin is stored in the .purple directory (the FAQ has
the exact location on Windows). You can simply back the entire directory
up. That will get your accounts, your preferences, your buddy list, any
plugins you installed yourself (not system-wide), your logs, downloaded
buddy icons, etc.

    -Etan