How to make pidgin-rythmbox plugin working?

Marek Matulka marek.matulka at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 12:06:03 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am using Fedora 8 with pidgin 2.4 and set of plugins available from
Fedora repository.

Just wanted to use pidgin-rythmbox plugin and I don't know how to make
it work. I've enabled plugin, selected all three checkboxes and...
still nothing happens. My status is blank.

Any ideas? is there any magic I need to do? I've been on the
developer's website, but all it says is: "The Pidgin-Rhythmbox plugin
will automatically update your Pidgin user info and status message
with the currently playing music in Rhythmbox. If the artist and title
are known, it will also attempt to create a link to the song's lyrics
by using Google's "I'm Feeling Lucky" feature."

also - on the plugins list users cannot click on website addresses -
really user friendly :) can we have these addresses to be an actual
link? it would be much easier just to click on it.

Thanks in advance,
Marek

--
http://matulka.net/