2.4.1 crashes ?

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Fri Apr 4 14:49:55 EDT 2008

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 08:41:43 +0200
"David Balazic" <David.Balazic at hermes-softlab.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Yesterday I updated from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1 (Windows XP)
> and today I found a "Send error report" dialog for it
> on the desktop.
>
> 2.4.0 did not crash for me. Is this some known regression ?
> Where should I look for more data ?

While I echo the devs' comments about capturing a backtrace after a
crash, have you updated the plugin pack to 2.3.0 if you use it?

I've had a long-standing crash on closing Pidgin, the latest plugin
pack has resolved it for me on XP and Vista.

I've never seen this crash on Linux though....

--

Brian Morrison

   "Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
    after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."