Pidgin crashes at startup

Marco Simon marco_simon at web.de
Sun Apr 13 07:25:07 EDT 2008

Hi list,

after some time without an instant messenger I wanted to reactivate my
accounts and wanted to use pidgin for that
because I've always been a fan of its ancestor "gaim". So I installed
the current version for windows, started it and... it crashed.
Even after uninstalling the old gaim and gtk+ Versions and after
reinstalling the debug version it keeps crashing.
The only information that I got was:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
 Runtime Error!
 Program c:\programme\pidgin\pidgin.exe
 This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Does anybody know that problem or did anybody experience similar issues?
Any idea how I could get further information about the "what's happening
there"?

Thanks in advance for any hint!