Pidgin crashes at startup

Marco Simon marco_simon at web.de
Tue Apr 15 01:51:52 EDT 2008

Daniel Atallah schrieb:

> On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 7:25 AM, Marco Simon <marco_simon at web.de
> <mailto:marco_simon at web.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi list,
>
>     after some time without an instant messenger I wanted to reactivate my
>     accounts and wanted to use pidgin for that
>     because I've always been a fan of its ancestor "gaim". So I installed
>     the current version for windows, started it and... it crashed.
>     Even after uninstalling the old gaim and gtk+ Versions and after
>     reinstalling the debug version it keeps crashing.
>
>     Does anybody know that problem or did anybody experience similar
>     issues?
>     Any idea how I could get further information about the "what's
>     happening
>     there"?
>

> Follow the instructions (http://d.pidgin.im/wiki/TipsForBugReports for
> obtaining a crash report and file a ticket,
>
> -D

Hi Daniel,

thats exactly what I did. I just hoped that some of you experienced
similar and could give any hints.
The support already replied - and complained that I didn't use the debug
version and didn't provide any debug-output.
The hatch is: I used the debug version and didn't get any further
information that I could provide. (And I wrote that in
my initial support-ticket, but the supporter obviously just pasted the
above link, without reading my message :( ).

Best regards,
  Marco