Keeping pidgin conversations.

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Tue Apr 15 13:12:36 EDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 05:24:23PM +0300, Ian Brown wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to be able to retain as much I can pidgin conversations.
>
> I ahve pidgin-2.2.2-1.fc8.
>
> What happens is that after I close a conversation, exit pidgin and
> restart it after a while, only the last conversation is kept.
> Is there a way to force pidgin to remember more than one conversation?
> Is a converation which is kept has some limit of number of lines ? can this
> limit be extended ? Can I forcr pidgin to save the converstaion in files?
>
> Regards,
> Ian

I'm going to assume you are talking about what the History plugin shows
you when you reopen a conversation window, in which case that will only
ever show you the most recent conversation and in order to see more you
need to use the Log Viewer. If you don't mean the History plugin, and you
just mean if you close a window and then open it again shortly thereafter
then you still need to use the Log Viewer (and if there are no logs you
need to turn them on).

    -Etan