All my Pidgin accounts have disappeared

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Wed Apr 23 17:12:14 EDT 2008

Follow Etan's continued suggestions on how to fix these problems; I
have some other questions which I would like to ask to determine if we
have not fixed some issues we thought were fixed.

Barbara Kroczak spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I have happily been using Pidgin for over a year now on my Windows laptop.
>
> I came back from lunch today and my laptop was frozen.
>
> I powered it down, restarted it and all my Pidgin accounts have disappeared.

What version of Pidgin are/were you using?  What version of Windows
are you using?  Is your accounts.xml file 0 bytes?  What about
accounts.xml~?

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.