[Question #41744]: Sending and recieving offline messages

John Bailey question41744 at answers.launchpad.net
Sat Aug 9 23:03:41 EDT 2008

Question #41744 on pidgin in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+question/41744

John Bailey proposed the following answer:
Patwotrik wrote:
> I can't send im to offline users (over msn, haven't tried others)
> like I can in Windows Live Messenger. If a buddy is invisible I can
> answer if I do it quickly. I have the same problem with recieving
> offline messages. I simply don't get them, so to check my offline
> messages I have to start Windows in a virtual computer, and start
> WLM there.

The version of Pidgin supplied in Ubuntu uses an old version of the MSN protocol
which does not support offline messages in any way.  Pidgin 2.5.0 will provide
support for this feature.

John

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for pidgin in ubuntu.