outage today / pidgin

netbean3r dreammaster_max at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 6 16:16:28 EST 2008

Yes, the yahoo servers went down yesterday for maintenance, according to
http://www.ymessengerblog.com/ .  There is now an update three on there that
says the server is back up.

As I was writing this just now, I disabled and then re-enabled my yahoo
account in Pidgin and it connected.  Leaving the account enabled did not
re-connect when the server went back up.  I was originally posting because I
couldn't connect!  You can ping scs.msg.yahoo.com to make sure you have
connectivity to the server.

If you are unsure whether you are successfully connected to the yahoo
network, add yourself as a buddy so you will always see yourself on the list
when you are connected.