Read Errors

Andrew Cotter andrew.cotter at somersetcapital.com
Mon Dec 22 15:18:54 EST 2008

What server are you using?

  _____

From: support-bounces at pidgin.im [mailto:support-bounces at pidgin.im] On Behalf
Of Christopher Vang
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 2:56 PM
To: support at pidgin.im
Subject: Read Errors

I have the latest version of Pidgin (2.5.3) and our company is trying to
incorporate pidgin using one of our servers as the domain source. We are
able to login using our network credentials but for whatever reason we get
read errors every 10mins. It was working just fine with our test of about
20-30 people but once we brought everyone on board we have been getting read
errors. We know have about 100 people on pidgin. Here's our settings:

Under Basic tab

Login Options:

Protocol: XMPP

Username: (ex. jdoe)

Domain: (ex. Contoso.com)

Password: xxxxxxx

Under Advanced tab

XMPP Options:

Require SSL/TLS is checked

Connect port: 5222

Connect server: (ex. Srv-contoso)

File transfer proxies: proxy.jabber.org

Proxy Options:

            Proxy type: Use Global Proxy Settings

No I've played around with the settings checking off "Require SSL/TLS" but
still get the same read errors. I've also tried just checking "Allow
plaintext auth over unencrypted streams" with no luck also. Same goes for
"Force old (port 5223) SSL".

Christopher Vang
IT Intern
Cohen & Company
(330) 374-1040 Ext. 6317

  _____

DISCLAIMER
Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message and any
related attachments. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message
(or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not
copy, review, distribute or forward the contents of this message to anyone.
In such case, you should notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this
message from your computer.

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure
Pursuant to U.S. Treasury Department Regulations, we are now required to
advise you that any federal tax advice contained in this communication,
including attachments and enclosures, is not intended by the Sender or Cohen
& Company, Ltd to constitute a covered opinion pursuant to regulation
section 10.35 or to be used for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related
penalties under Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing, or
recommending to another party any tax-related matters addressed herein.