pidgin-2.5.3 Crash on exit

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Thu Dec 25 16:34:52 EST 2008

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 16:24:52 -0500
Michael Secord <gizmokid2005 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to say I've noticed this too.  Once in a while it'll just lock
> up, other times it will crash on exit.  the logs show nothing out of the
> ordinary.

Previous experience with these sorts of crash is that it is nearly
always a plugin that is causing it, often where the function of a given
plugin has been replicated within Pidgin.

Try turning off all plugins and then selectively re-enabling them and
re-testing for the crash.

--

Brian Morrison

   "Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
    after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."