Too many authorization requests

chris jugg at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 29 12:31:23 EST 2008

John Moore 3rd wrote:
> Er Galvao Abbott wrote:
>
>> BTW, should I add a bug report for this in Pidgin's Bug Tracker?
>
> I can't see that this is a 'Bug' within Pidgin.  Pidgin is functioning
> just as it should.  This is a compatibility issue in how two entirely
> different IM Applications handle connectivity to various IM Services.

"My problem is not even that (I'm somewhat patient with these things),
but the problem is Pidgin then crashes before I can authorize even one
contact."

A crash - is a crash - is a bug.  That has nothing to do with different
IM applications.  And if a crash equates to "Pidgin is function just as
it should".  How scary. :)

Sounds like the bug report would be along the lines of:

If Pidgin receives too many authorization requests (eg. 230+ on MSN
protocol) Pidgin crashes.

And maybe an additional feature request:

Open authorization requests synchronously, so that only one request is
processed/shown at a time.

Regards,

chris