Problems with authorisation to ejabberd servers

Shadowfirebird shadowfirebird at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 05:19:48 EST 2008

Hi,

[Pidgin 2.2.1; Ubuntu 7.1]

PIdgin seems to consistently fail to send or receive authorisation
messages to ejabberd servers.

I'm having problems with two servers - my own local installation
(ejabberd 1.1.2) and the one at tuff.org.uk (which I'm pretty sure is
ejabberd).  I get a "not authorised" message when connecting to
existing accounts on these servers.   Using another client (Psi) is
fine.  Using Pidgin to connect to Google Talk ( and ICQ, Yahoo, ...)
is fine.

Please let me know if I can provide more information.  I'm not sure
where to look.

--
This mail is infected with the honor system virus: if you are running
a Macintosh, Unix, or Linux computer, please randomly delete some