multiple local user accounts?

netbean3r dreammaster_max at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 22:00:01 EST 2008

Can multiple local user accounts be set up on Pidgin?  I am switching from
Trillian and this feature is absolutely essential for me: each time Pidgin
is opened, a local (to the Pidgin installation) account must be selected
(with optional password protection), and each account has unique IM accounts
associated with it.  As it stands, Pidgin automatically retains data for the
IM accounts set up and that can be accessed as soon as the application is
opened.  Any solutions?  My apologies if this has already been covered
somewhere; I looked and didn't find it.