pidgin in kde4

Jeff Collins canuck_ae at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 9 11:51:21 EST 2008

I've been playing with kde4 and since it runs much faster on my older laptop, I'm hoping to move to it completely.  The only thing holding me back is pidgin refuses to load.  From what I've googled it appears to possibly point to a problem with argb-visual usage.  I am just curiuos if this problem is related to GTK in general or something that pidgin could work around?

gaim/pidgin have been my top choice for messaging across the board since I first tried gaim and I don't think i can function without it...

I'd be happy to try any work around that may possibly get around the issue if anyone has any suggestions....

Thanks!