pidgin in kde4

Jeff canuck_ae at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 9 14:17:34 EST 2008

pidgin from command line give this output:

The program 'pidgin' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
  (Details: serial 381 error_code 8 request_code 2 minor_code 0)

At the same time plasma displays:

 plasma(11187) SystemTrayContainer::SystemTrayContainer: attempting to
embed 44040217

After a bunch of attempts, I was actually able to run pidgin (though I
don't know what changed).  It is running without any system try icon,
so I'm guessing that is the confilct...  so far so good (with the
exception of the some of the icons not showing up pretty).

Jeff