MSN and proxy

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Sat Jan 26 21:49:51 EST 2008

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 11:17:02 +0100, roland.pidgin wrote
> some time ago I realized that Pidgin does not work and
> thought I should open a ticket.
>
> Then I saw that there have been some people who
> have opened such tickets, but these showstoppers
> are just rated "minor" problems:
>
> http://developer.pidgin.im/query?component=MSN&milestone=2.4.0
>
> I do not want to complain, because nobody will be
> payed for fixing these bugs, however, why "minor"?
>
> Is there a chance that these problems will be solved
> in the near future?

I'm guessing they're categorized as minor because the problems either afflict
only a small percentage of the Pidgin user base or don't severely affect the
usage of Pidgin.  I'd guess that the problems will not be solved in the near
future.

Working with undocumented protocols is difficult, but feel free to step in and
try to figure out the root cause of those bugs.

-Mark