EQO messenger

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 14:15:55 EST 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 11:10 AM, Stu Tomlinson <stu at nosnilmot.com> wrote:
> Claims like they can't support typing notifications because they "are
> limited by the capabilities of our IM interface, libpurple" lend credit
> to this assertion.

Of course, libpurple *does* support typing notifications. ;)

I suspect it's more likely that they run servers that use libpurple
and then have clients that talk some protocol wtih their servers. If
this is the case, they are not required to release the source code to
their clients. I can run this past the lawyers, if anyone wants.

-s.