[Question #37941]: Cannot create functional account

Phil Kimmins question37941 at answers.launchpad.net
Tue Jul 1 15:45:17 EDT 2008

New question #37941 on pidgin in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+question/37941

I find none of the above "solutions" helpful with regard to setting up a workable account. The answers provided are usually one-liners very short on detail.
My questions:
1. When setting up an account, do I use the account details provided by my ISP?
2. I selected the SIMPLE protocol. Is this the correct option? I am running Ubuntu 8.04
3. If the "Add a Buddy' option is greyed out, why?

If, in my questions, I have neglected anything needed to set up my account, could you please correct that oversight in your answer?

Thanking you in advance,

Phil

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for pidgin in ubuntu.