Pidgin can't connect to ICQ

Helen McCall hmccall at onaustralia.com.au
Tue Jul 1 18:15:09 EDT 2008

I'm having this problem too.  Friend rang with problem connecting, tried
to talk him through a solution.  My system was working fine.  So I
clicked on Accounts; Manage; and cleared the Enable tick and then went
back in and put the tick back.  And suddenly I got the error message as
well and I couldn't get back on line.  Still can't.  Using icq on xp.
Can't see where a solution has been suggested the last few hours.
Helen