Pidgin won't connect to MSN network since yesterday

Marton Gabor marton.gabor at uni-pannon.hu
Thu Jul 3 15:32:56 EDT 2008

Hi!

I managed to find the cause in my case, the debug window helped a lot.
The certificate of nexus.passport.com has changed. nexus.passport.com
sends its certificate to Pidgin during the logon process. Pidgin caches
these certificates under ~/.purple/certificates/x509/tls_peers/ and
compares them with the one recieved from the server. The certificate
changed, it did not match with the cached one, so Pidgin dropped the
whole logon process and gave a bit missleading message.

Solution: delete the cached certificates, sit back and have a beer. :)

Marton Gabor
<marton.gabor at uni-pannon.hu><T: +36 30 384-8140>

Pannon Egyetem - Kommunikációs és Informatikai Igazgatóság
Informatikai Iroda
8200 Veszprém, Egyetem u. 10.