Pidgin MSI

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Thu Jul 3 18:06:27 EDT 2008

Hirakim Hirakim wrote:
> Would it be possible to get a Pidgin Version as an MSI file to deploy it
> in an Corporate Environment ?
>
> Thank You in Advance

We've answered this on numerous occasions before.  We see no need for an MSI
package.  The NSIS installer already provides quiet deployment functionality,
and there are a number of tools in the wild to start installations remotely.
The pstools suite has a tool designed to do just this; I have also seen
vbscripts with the same functionality.  There are also whole hosts of commercial
products available for purchase whose sole purpose is Windows patch and software
deployments, such as Shavlik HfNetChkPro.

If these options don't appeal to you, we also provide a zip archive of each
pidgin release.  You can make an MSI package from the zip file, or just have a
simple script that pushes out the updated pidgin files to each machine.

John