Configuring of pidgin

Frank Lanitz linux at partysoke.de
Fri Jul 4 13:12:00 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

During the ICQ-issue I compiled pidgin by my own. During this I
recognized something that I can't remember from past: The configure
script was searching for a couple of libs. Every time I don't have the
devel package installed of a lib, configure aborted and suggest to
deactivate this feature if not needed. To be honest, I'd liked the old
way much more, where the configure script runs without stopping and
shows and the end, which options are activated or deactivated. Is it
possible to bring it back to this in future again?

Regards,
Frank