[Question #33788]: Pidgin vcard alias/nickname display

Azhar question33788 at answers.launchpad.net
Sun Jul 6 20:43:31 EDT 2008

Question #33788 on pidgin in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+question/33788

Azhar is still having a problem:
Can anyone shed some light? My client is showing JIDs instead of their
nicknames as specified in their Vcard by the server. Even weirder is
when this only happen for some contacts, where I have to manually "Get
Info" before their nicknames are reflected properly and I have to do
this every time I restart the client. Some contacts still still show
JIDs no matter what I do.

It's difficult when users' JID don't mean a thing. I had to resort to
installing Wine and JAJC just because JAJC has no issues displaying
their nicknames correctly.

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for pidgin in ubuntu.