[Question #38602]: How can I get notified when my contacts logs in/out to/from pidgin?

SanJ RockZ question38602 at answers.launchpad.net
Tue Jul 8 17:30:40 EDT 2008

New question #38602 on pidgin in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+question/38602

I want to know how to configure pidgin so that when a buddy logs in or logs out, I will be notified with a label showing buddies name. This is exactly the same notifications you get in Google, Yahoo or MSN, I'm looking for. I get a sound when a user logs in or logs out but to see who logged in or logged out, I have to always open pidgin and see. Is there a way pidgin shows user notifications in labels??? Is there any plugin I can use to achieve that?? Your comments are highly appreciated.
Thank You

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for pidgin in ubuntu.