Lost workspace function with Ubuntu Hardy

tunnel technicull at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 21:49:18 EDT 2008

Everything is running under Hardy just fine, with one exception.  I used to
be able to double click on any active name in the buddy list, and the
message window would pop up in the current station.

Now that never happens (after upgrading to Hardy).   I double click, and an
ICON appears on the task bar, but the IMS do not become active.  Clicking
that task icon simply switches to the workstation where the message window
was last.   I can make "Appear in the active workspace"  work, but that is a
different feature.  I want my old functionality back. Is this a bug or a
feature?  Any way to restore it?