Fwd: Pidgin

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Fri Jul 18 13:25:47 EDT 2008

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 10:09:06 -0400
"Daniel Atallah" <daniel.atallah at gmail.com> wrote:

> In your VPN connection properties, go to the "Networking" tab and
> bring up the Properties for the "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" item, in
> the "Advanced" section there is a checkbox for "Use default gateway on
> remote network" - uncheck it.

It's worth noting that quite a lot of VPN configurations (Cisco in
particular) will prevent this checkbox from being changed, the argument
is that secuity is best server this way to prevent commercially
sensitive information accidentally being sent out via a homeworker's
own connection.

Drove me crazy, it meant I couldn't print anything when the VPN
connection was active.

--

Brian Morrison

   "Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
    after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."