Status/Idle options in Pidgin (windows) not clear

MDW pidgin.mdw at wakley.org.uk
Mon Jul 21 04:09:56 EDT 2008

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your comments.  It is still true (for Yahoo at least) that
Pidgin is using the greyed out timer value under Auto-Away to specify
how long to wait before reporting idle to the server.  Assuming I
don't want to use Auto-Away but I do want to specify how long before
reporting idle, I have to temporarily enable auto-away to update the
value and then disable it again.  This seems counter intuitive for
newcomers, but I can see that its not exactly a major issue and
perhaps most people do use auto away.

Regards,
Martin.