[Fwd: Re: [Question #30852]: Trying to install live chat support]

Phil Hannent question30852 at answers.launchpad.net
Mon Jul 21 04:24:47 EDT 2008

Question #30852 on pidgin in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+question/30852

Phil Hannent proposed the following answer:
Hafeez wrote:
> Question #30852 on pidgin in ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+question/30852
>
> Hafeez proposed the following answer:
> i don't have the entry of "system>help>live chat support" what should I
> do?
The package you are looking at has not yet been included within ubuntu (as far
as I can see on my ubuntu 8.04).  What the live chat support does for you is
what is talked about here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat

What you want to do is:
Start Pidgin (from Applications -> Internet -> Pidgin Instant Messenger),
Add a new IRC account,
Create a Username for yourself,
Set the server to be: irc.freenode.net
Set a password for yourself,
Save and enable the account,

When the account is enabled a message should pop-up letting you know you are
connected.  You can then type:
/join #ubuntu

You are effectively done, you can ask away.  Just follow the guidelines on the
page above.

Also if this is your first time in chat rooms I would say that you should not
ask to ask but just ask.

Regards
Phil Hannent

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for pidgin in ubuntu.