[Question #35521]: Can't reconnect Yahoo account after changing network connection in Ubuntu

apo question35521 at answers.launchpad.net
Sat Jun 7 08:02:07 EDT 2008

New question #35521 on pidgin in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+question/35521

Steps:
1) I used Wifi network to connect my laptop to Internet. Then I connect Pidgin (Yahoo account and MSN account). It worked.
2) I shutdowned my laptop
3) I started my laptop, this time I used cable network. Then I couldn't connect my Yahoo account (MSN still worked).
 It says:  "apo disconnected. Server closed the connection"
4) These are something I tried:
   + switch back to Wifi network, then try to reconnect. Still can't connect.
   + edit some settings on Yahoo account. Nothing helps.
   + add another Yahoo account (another Yahoo nick), it works. But the old one still doesn't.
   + remove and reinstall Pidgin. Doesn't help.
   + use Windows OS and sign in by Yahoo Messenger. It works with my Yahoo account.

Maybe this is a bug of Pidgin. But if not please help me to reconnect my old Yahoo account. Thank you in advance.

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for pidgin in ubuntu.