What is the Issue with Pidgen?

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Mon Jun 9 11:15:08 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 08:11 -0700, Ryan Battles wrote:
> I have one account with Yahoo which worked fine until a week ago! It
> will not connect to one of my yahoo accounts. It says server
> disconnected. The login and password are correct, I even log unto
> yahoo to test it. What is the issues?

I saw another report of this, but they were seeing problems with other
Yahoo clients as well. Have you tried another client besides Pidgin with
that account? Do you have another Yahoo account you can try, by chance?

> Also, is there a removal tool to fully remove Pidgen? I tried
> uninstalling and re-installing however I picks up my old accounts.

Uninstalling Microsoft Word shouldn't delete all your Word documents,
should it? Pidgin's uninstaller behaves fine here. If you want your
settings (and logs!) deleted, then do so yourself. Their location is
covered in the FAQ.

Richard