Default file locations

Lee Roach phroggster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 00:27:15 EDT 2008

2008/6/16 Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com>:
> On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 07:33 -0700, pengyou wrote:
>> I would like to set pidgin up so that everytime I download a file it will
>> automatically go to e:\pidginpoop\   I also hope that all files created by
>> pidgin will be stored in this folder  Is there any way to do this?
>
> You may be interested in the auto-accept plugin.
>
> Richard

If you are in fact looking to have Pidgin configuration files (logs,
account information, icons, and more) stored in a non-default
location, read up on the PURPLEHOME environment variable, somewhat
documented at [1]. Microsoft has a step-by-step howto [2] walking you
through setting a new one in Windows XP; similar documents exist for
other versions of Windows. If this is what you're going for, set
PURPLEHOME to "e:\pidginpoop" (without quotes), and copy
"%APPDATA%\.purple" to "%PURPLEHOME%\.purple" to avoid having to
recreate accounts, logs, etc.

[1]: http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#Whereismy.purpledirectory
[2]: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310519/en-us

--Lee