[Question #36389]: pidgin crashes when logging into YM

Nick Presta question36389 at answers.launchpad.net
Thu Jun 19 01:31:34 EDT 2008

Question #36389 on pidgin in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+question/36389

Nick Presta proposed the following answer:
The lastest version, 2.4.2, doesn't show any immediate fixes in the changelog or in closed tickets relating to Yahoo.
However, I managed to find:
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/6112
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/6073
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/5961
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/5889

I'm not sure if any of these reports apply to you. I would first try
updating to the latest version* and see if that fixes the problem. I
would then disable all plugins and see if the problem goes away and
systematically enable each plugin, one at a time, until you know which
caused the problem.

Otherwise, I would ask in the #pidgin channel on Freenode and see if
they have any ideas on how to diagnose the problem.

* http://www.getdeb.net/release/2673 (32-bit)
   http://www.getdeb.net/release/2674 (64-bit)

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for pidgin in ubuntu.