Pidgin File Transfer info?

Phil Hannent phil at hannent.co.uk
Mon Jun 30 06:40:16 EDT 2008

222fbj at gmail.com wrote:
> Thank you for the reply.  I use Fedora9 x64, Pidgin 2.4.1.2, and would iike to send files to googletalk users.
> If there is a (pidgin wiki?) page with info on file transfer developments/status I can check that  occassionaly.

Searching the site I found this:
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/1507

There is no single page for tracking features, usually its handled via
tickets.

The answer is not yet.  I believe that Gtalk uses libjingle for voice
and file transfers and since Pidgin does not support that yet, you are
out of luck.  An ideal solution would be for Gtalk to use the standard
xmpp file transfer as a fall back.

Regards
Phil Hannent