Offline messages in v2.4 ???

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Mon Mar 3 03:04:39 EST 2008

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 08:57:03 +0100
David BERCOT <david.bercot at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le Mon, 3 Mar 2008 12:51:24 +0600,
> "N.Novozhilov" <nna at darim.com> a écrit :
> > MSN protocol don't support offline messages.
>
> Euh, you're talking about Pidgin ;-) Of course, MSN protocol supports
> offline messages but, may be, this is not implemented in Pidgin...
>
> OK. Nevermind. I'll wait for MSN offline messages and MSN personal
> messages in Pidgin (I hope it will arrive soon ;-))).

I think that the Pidgin developers are working towards enabling a
newer version of the MSN protocol by default, but that the underlying
code is not yet free enough from bugs to do so.

If you look at the support and development pages at the Pidgin site and
follow the links to the roadmap then there is a list of issues relating
to this. You can also glean some information by reading the devel
mailing list.

--

Brian Morrison

   "Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
    after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."